- TV movie: “Help For Holidays“
- Creators: unknown
- Release Date: December 9 on Hallmark Channel
- News: Articles about Help for Holidays
- Genre: Family | Christmas
- Role: Christine Prancer, an elf
- Media: Videos | Images
- Plot Summary: The film stars Summer Glau as Santa’s elf Christine. When Santa receives an emergency wish from a little boy in Los Angeles. It seems that the boy is desperate for a genuine family Christmas with his too-busy clan, and it’s Christine who gets dispatched to L.A. to help make it happen. She interviews to be the nanny for kids Ally (Izabela Vidovic, “Christmas Angel”) and Will (Mason Cook,” Spy Kids: All the Time in the World”), who are too often left unsupervised and dismissed as an afterthought by their parents Sara (Eva La Rue of “CSI: Miami”) and Scott (Dan Gauthier of “One Life to Live”). Mom and Dad. After Christine becomes the nanny, everything falls into place nicely. The kids are happy with their new elf-turned-caregiver. And Christine even appears to be falling for their hunky uncle Dave (John Brotherton, “Jane by Design”). But then Sara starts feeling insecure about how much Christine has become entrenched in their lives and wants to send her packing back to the north.
Summer Glau as Christine Prancer
- Help for the Holidays was Hallmark’s most watched original movie of the year 2012.
- Summer had to work on the magic trick of pulling candies out of people’s ears a bit, because she doesn’t have a natural talent for magic.